Same Personalized Care, New Location
As of January 15th, 2018 we have moved around the corner to
18 Leonardville Road, Middletown
– Why did you move?
• This move has been in the works for a few years. We outgrew our previous location. Due to changes in the primary care field of medicine, we needed to redesign the traditional doctor’s office to provide space for a team approach to medicine and increased access to care. It was time to find a space that met our needs. We wanted to make sure it was the right location. We knew we didn’t want to move too far from our previous location.
– How many doctors are there now?
• We have 7 providers between the office and Home Care; 5 Physicians and 1 Nurse Practitioner see patients in the office while 2 Physicians and 2 Nurse Practitioners make up our Home Care and Nursing Home team.
– What services do you provide other than doctor’s visits with my Primary Care Physician?
• Behavioral Health Counselor, Emily; Registered Dietitian, Melanie; Diabetes Educator, Bonnie; Coming Soon – Personal Trainer
– How does it work to see these other providers?
• It’s the same copay as a traditional office visit here. You will spend about 45-50 minutes with the provider and then your physician will come in and go over what was discussed. We work as a team to provide the necessary care to our patients
– What’s changed?
• We are still providing the same level of care to our patients. We hope that you see improvements in your office visits.
• The delivery of primary care medicine is undergoing a period of deep reflection and change, driven by the government and insurance companies. We now have a team approach to patient health that extends across all venues of care–a more proactive approach. There is a new emphasis on coordinating a patient’s care no matter where it occurs or with what specialist. We also have a renewed focus on preventative care and maintaining your good health. Our new space allows us to be our patients’ Medical Homes more than ever before!
Family Practice of Middletown has been recognized by the National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for excellence in care of Diabetes and for Heart/Stroke. They have also earned recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home. Family Physicians are specialists in the broad range of medical issues and problems that can affect people of all ages. We care for patients from the newborn nursery through to nursing homes. Childhood Vaccines & Well Care – General Adult & Geriatric Care – Illness Care – Physicals (Sports, School, Job, CDL) – Preventive Care – Gynecological Care, Pap Smears – Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis Care – Minor Surgical Procedures on site – Travel Advice and Vaccinations – Home Care for Homebound Patients.
In addition to being able to perform some tests on site, we deal with all major labs. We can process most blood and urine specimens for transport to the labs with rapid return of results. We also can arrange other diagnostic tests – such as radiological and cardiac diagnostic tests.
We participate with Medicare and MANY other insurance plans. (The office staff can answer specific questions.) We will electronically file your claim your insurance company. Should you require referrals or pre-certifications, our staff will work with you and our physicians to get these done within a reasonable time.
Dr. Thompson and Dr. Giacona are on staff at Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank. Dr. Thompson is also on staff at Bayshore Hospital in Holmdel. Should you require hospitalization, your care may be referred to an in-hospital specialist. We maintain close communication and coordinate you care with these doctors. We also care for our patients at a number of area nursing homes & assisted living facilities.
As part of our Patient Centered Medical Home, Family Practice of Middletown has a team of nurses who serve as an extension of our practice and advocate for our patients. Perhaps you have what seems like a silly question. Maybe you worry that your blood pressure is running high. You have a question about your blood test. You want to adjust your diet to control cholesterol, sugar or lose weight. Maybe you need reassurance that you are following the correct path. You are having trouble connecting with specialists. For any of these questions and more, our Patient Care Coordinators are there for you.
The goal of this team is to collaborate with the patient, family and health care team to achieve your best health. They will keep track of any trips to a local ER or hospital and call you to ensure our team is updated on your care. They record and inform the physicians of any changes in your medication or health status. The nurses can also arrange for follow up visits. These nurses may periodically call you by telephone just to see how you are doing. However, feel free to call them anytime. The team has a wealth of information and resources available to help you and help you navigate the healthcare system.
We are pleased to announce that we now offer psychological counseling in our office. We have a trained mental health counselor available evenings to meet with you, in conjunction with your physician to help address many different issues:
Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Grief, Addiction, Insomnia and more.
If you feel this kind if service may benefit you, please ask your doctor.