Your IMA Providers have been monitoring the developments regarding Covid-19 (Coronavirus) and wanted to share up to date information as well as share preparations all patients make.
Per Centers for Disease Control recommendations and so that we can assure you are getting the appropriate care and testing, if you meet the following criteria:
- Fever in excess of 100.4
- Shortness of breath
- Traveled outside the state within the past 14 days or were in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We ask that, rather than come to the office, Urgent Care Center or emergency room, that you stay home and call your primary care physician who can determine what steps should be taken next. If testing is appropriate, your physician can direct you to the best site and the next steps you may need to take.
Below are potential preparedness steps from the
American Academy of Family Physicians
that may be taken in case of a Coronavirus outbreak.
- Stock your cupboards with some extra food and cleaning supplies, but don’t hoard.
- Buy a few extra items each time you are grocery shopping.
- Shelf-stable foods are good to have on hand.
- Use your freezer to preserve foods, everything from meats and vegetables to cooked grains and bread. Think about having enough to last for a few weeks.
- Check your medicine cabinet to make sure you have enough basic medicines on hand such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
- Think about a back-up plan if schools were to close during an outbreak.
- Ask your employer for a work-from-home option.
- If you take daily prescription medication, have as much of a supply as possible.
- If there is widespread virus in our area, you may not want to go to the store.
- Distance yourself from others during an outbreak.