As we begin a new year, a lot of us take stock of our situation and wonder
how we can improve things. Rather than making Resolutions, we should try
to Build Better Habits. With regards to health, we would like to offer some
advice in the form of Healthy Habit suggestions. Pick one or two of the
suggestions and focus on them initially. Add more as you become
comfortable with the ones you chose.
Healthy Habits should reflect a movement towards a healthier lifestyle rather
than a quick fix.
- Drink more water.
- Ditch sugary drinks.
- Walk more, drive less.
- Get outside and breathe fresh air every day.
- Schedule regular exercise time each week. Develop a routine that can be done all year, not just in perfect weather.
- Focus on Fitness rather than weight.
- Eat Breakfast.
- Look at your food and ask yourself: Is this my best choice? Do I need this much?
- Cook and eat at home.
- Educate yourself on health topics using reliable information sources.
- Unplug from your phone, especially when driving.
- Stop smoking and limit alcohol.
Your IMA Providers are here to help you achieve better health. We are always available to discuss your health and you can message your IMA Provider in our Patient Portal with any questions you may have to help you.