The CDC defines close contact as someone who was within six feet of an infected individual for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period. Should you find yourself in this category, please follow these guidelines. The goal is to maintain your health and avoid possibly exposing others.
Beginning the moment you realize you may have been exposed you need to isolate yourself from others.
This means that you need to:
- Wear a face covering, this protects others
- Go home immediately
- Isolate yourself from non-exposed household members by remaining in your bedroom or a designated room away from everyone for quarantine.
- Arrange to have your meals alone
- Arrange to have food delivered to your home
- Go to the ER or Urgent Care Center
- Go out to buy food or supplies, have them delivered
- Go to the bank, library, etc
- Go out to get tested for Covid until you have consulted with your doctor
Covid testing is most reliable when done at the proper time after exposure or onset of symptoms. Call your IMA Provider to find out when and where you should be tested.